IAVA is an organisation of contemporary visual artists practicing in a professional manner. To be accepted as a member of IAVA you will need to submit an application which is then assessed by a panel. Primarily the panel will take into account the quality and contemporary nature of the applicant’s work, together with the professional and rigorous approach the applicant demonstrates in regards to their work. While many members do have at least 5 years exhibition history it is not mandatory – if you do not have this history but can demonstrate a proactive, professional approach to your practice together with a strong rationale for your practice, this will be taken into account.
Please read the guidelines for submitting an IAVA membership application before applying.
Please contact us if you have ANY questions or need any further assistance in making your application… we are always happy to help.
You can apply online below, or download the membership application and post it to IAVA.
You can also email any attachments you are having difficulties uploading to us here.
What is IAVA?
IAVA is not-for-profit, artist run initiative designed to be a support network that cultivates and promotes Illawarra’s contemporary visual arts and artists. IAVA nominees will have relevant background and experience (in art making, curating, writing, etc).
IAVA is looking for members who display the following attributes:
- Exhibition history
- Technical competency in chosen media
- Original, creative, contemporary works
- A collection of quality artworks
- Willingness to work in a team
- Active participation in IAVA
Below are the main objects of IAVA, please check box to show you have read and understand these objectives before proceeding:
- To provide a support network to promote, encourage and advance the interests of persons and groups engaged in the Illawarra’s Contemporary visual arts and in related areas or fields;
- To promote, encourage and advance the understanding and appreciation of Illawarra’s Contemporary visual arts in Australia and overseas by exhibitions, meetings, seminars, research, public statements, collection and distribution of information and otherwise as the Association may determine;
- To represent and to make recommendations to appropriate bodies on behalf of and in relation to Illawarra’s Contemporary visual arts or its members;
- To cultivate the professional careers of members engaged or likely to be engaged in Illawarra’s contemporary visual arts;
- To promote, encourage and facilitate cooperation amongst or between members and all persons involved or interested in Illawarra’s Contemporary visual arts;
If accepted I agree to pay a once only joining fee of $20 (this includes an artists page on website, and administration costs) in addition to a $60 annual membership fee.
I am over the age of 18 years.